I know, it been a lonnnnnng minute. For anyone new, my name is Maryam & I am a content creator on TBP (I mainly focus on blogging tips & influencer marketing tips). Yes, for the first time in a long while I took a 2 weeks mandatory break from creating content. Two weeks is a long time but I am so glad to be back.
Like I said, I had to literally take few weeks off because of studies. I have managed so far to balance both studies and blogging, however, exams period was really demanding. Like I always say, prioritise especially if you are a blogger with full-time education or work. But, not to worry, I am back now!
While I was off, I used few of my free time to do a lot of observing, listening and research about blogging in general, most especially being a blogger in Nigeria. Really happy about bloggers slowly speaking up and putting their value first. Bloggers are beginning to know their worth, it’s a great time to be in the blogging era. Nevertheless, I noticed what I will call “blogging frustration” among many bloggers. No, the frustration doesn’t only come with brands/collaboration but also from the country and bloggers themselves. It is really tough blogging in Nigeria but the last thing you want to do is putting yourself in situations or environment where you can even be frustrated. From talking to few bloggers and my observations. I was able to identify few ways to avoid ‘blogging-frustration’:
Blogging Frustration: How To Avoid Getting Frustrated & Stay Creative
- Don’t compare: Yes, many still sub-consciously compare themselves and blogging journey to others. It takes time to master the art of really just focusing on your own stuff and getting inspired by others around you. You need to believe in your journey which includes your struggles and victories. Celebrate every achievement and focus on what you want your blog to become.
- Know your worth: Knowing your worth and value as a blogger is really important. It comes with being able to comfortably say No to mediocre collaboration offers without feeling bad or disappointed. When you know the worth of the content you create, value and impact, not getting collaboration offer in weeks won’t really bother you as long as you are loving what you do and engaging with people who actually appreciate your content [Your loyal readers].
- Have a separate stream of income: This should probably be the first thing in this post as I have noticed lots of complaints about how brands approach or work with bloggers. Yes, at some point we all want to start making money from blogging but at the same time keep the creativity flowing. When you have a separate stream of income, blogging becomes a bit easier and gives you room to remain creative. The worse thing about focusing too much on earning money from blogging is 1) You tend to lose the passion for it due to disappointment & 2) You might get so frustrated you subconsciously become desperate which will push you to accept everything and anything that comes your way.
- Take a break: Many bloggers feel guilty for taking a break but trust me when I say that is one of the best things to include in your blogging journey or routine. Take few days/weeks break for a justified reason. Remember, a great mental state and health has a massive impact on productivity and performance. When everything is becoming too much, there is absolutely nothing wrong in taking a break and in fact, I will recommend bloggers to do that when necessary.
- Switch things up: Another great way to boost your creativity is switching things up. Sometimes, blogging can get really boring most especially when you do the same thing over and over again. Research on your niche and deliver your content in a brand new way.
There are more tips but I really think these are the top and practical ways to really avoid blogging frustration when everything is just getting too much and tiring. Do you have other efficient ways or tricks you use to shut down distracting noise? Share with us in the comment section below.