FREE 3 Months Content Planning Calendar To Download!
First of all, I want to say, if you are here just to read the post without any intention of being accountable or disciplining yourself to do the work – Please, skip this post now, it’s not for you! Yes, I know that sounds harsh but it took me exactly 4h25 minutes to put this whole post + template together and I really need people that need it and want to really do the work!
Okay, since that is out of the way now, let’s get back to the real topic – Today’s post. I have written about staying consistent before on the blog which you can read here. So, I won’t be going into too many details but just adding some updated tips because content planning is key.
- Shoot in bulk: If you ever plan to shoot as you go or when you need to post. Unfortunately, you will struggle to be consistent for a very long time. Personally, I shoot weekly alongside my blogger-babe based here in my city. I try to shoot atleast 4 outfits on a ‘shoot-day’ which should be sufficient for 1-2 weeks of posting both on the blog and Instagram. Depending on how often you post, you need to make sure you have a shoot for atleast 1 week in advance in case you skip a shoot day.
- Build genuine creative friendship: Yes, I know it might sound like you want to take advantage of someone but no, that’s not the aim. The aim is to build a genuine creative friendship with a fellow blogger of a photographer. No, don’t approach them straight up asking them to be your creative friends. I recently met face-to-face with blogger Aswaaq living in my city. Before we met, we’ve been talking online and following each other. I sincerely love her content and personality. Immediately I posted on my Insta-story that I wish I had a blogger-friend that could help take my pictures, she messaged me. From there we started talking and I asked her what I can also do in return to help her content creation. Now, we attend events together, updates each other on things etc…
- Be prepared: This is the biggest part of my consistency routine. I am not the type to write notes all week of my blog content down. That isn’t what I mean by planning. I mean research on what your readers want, search for a location to shoot, ensure all your outfits are ready, prepare in advance your graphics, ensure you have atleast a day free you aren’t doing any creative writing but brainstorming and reading about your niche and interesting topics.
- Schedule: I know most people that work or study already schedule their writing days etc… But, one thing I noticed about most bloggers [Clients/bloggers I help with content planning], they schedule all their blogging activity to weekends because they believe they should do work or school stuff during the week with seems like the obvious thing to do but never the reality. It’s hard to stay concentrated all day during the weekend to do blogging stuff because you are human and have a life outside blogging like family to attend to, cooking, child to take care, more assignments to do. So, this year, I changed things around. I divided my blogging tasks to daily which shouldn’t take me more than 2-3 hours daily to finish up. This doesn’t necessarily have to be done before class, after work or after class. I know what I have to do daily so, whenever I do it doesn’t matter for as long as I ensure I do it before the end of the day [You will understand better when you see the content planner]
- Be realistic with your frequency: This is very important. I used to post twice a week before but now, I moved to weekly [Every Saturday] because of my new job (Yes, I got a job! *Insert screaming emoji* – It’s not even 1 month since I finished Uni). Anyways, be realistic to how often you post. Yes, I post weekly on the blog but I am very consistent with Instagram posting because it’s easier. I know weekly might seem very low, which I have actually adviced before but then I always finish with “it is up to you” – set realistic goals that suit your reality.
I hope you find these updated tips very useful. As usual, leave me a comment in the ‘comment section’ below, you know I really enjoy reading your feedback and opinion from the posts on here.
*TBP SHOP: I have NEW media kit designs in the shop section here on the blog + An e-guide: A-Z ways to start & manage a blog like a boss! HERE
Special offer: I am sharing a FREE 3 months content planning calendar for everyone who requests for it before Wednesday 10th of October. After this date, this calendar will be unavailable [Disclaimer: This is the template I use, feel free to use it as a guideline to create your own calendar – You will receive it in the next 24h!]