Following other bloggers who are in your niche or outside your niche is just great for connecting and networking with others in the blogosphere, knowing what’s going on, what’s hot and trending, what others are doing and for also drawing inspiration every now and then. So as a newbie blogger or one who hasn’t been socialising with other bloggers that much, let me break it to you…. there are thousands if not millions of bloggers out there. So where can you find other amazing new bloggers and blogs to follow (in no particular rank)
Where To Find New Bloggers To Follow
- Instagram: No matter the niche you are in, blogging and influencing require photos and graphics and Instagram is the place to share those graphics and connect with your readers so you will find virtually every blogger on Instagram. How do you find them? One way is to type in ‘blog’ or ‘blogger’ in the search bar and go through the results making use of the filters like ‘people’ which will show you the people that have those words in their names and the ‘tags’ will return all images with those words as a tag.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is another place to find and follow bloggers from different niches on their boards. There really isn’t anything or any topic you can not find on Pinterest these days.
- Bloglovin’: I found out about blog lovin’ the very first day I set up my blog but still not many people know about it. I’ve searched for some popular blogs and didn’t find some there. It’s a platform for people who follow multiple blogs, Almost like an Instagram but just for blogs, it keeps all your blog updates in one place and whenever you log in, you can see all the updates and new posts from your fave bloggers in your feed. You can read them, save and love.
- Facebook Blogger Groups: On Facebook, they are special groups for bloggers alone some are closed and others you can easily join. Some are for specific niches others are general and they are international so you can discover bloggers from all over the world. And with some of these groups, you can leave your social links and blog URL. Sometimes people can start a thread and you can participate in, they share some free blogging resources, post about collaboration opportunities and so on.
- Instagram Groups: These are more like communities on Instagram, for example, Th blogger point that represents bloggers and showcases these bloggers by reposting their pictures and shouting them out, On such pages, you can find new bloggers daily that you would love to follow because the internet is way too large for you to know everyone yourself.
- Hashtags: Hashtags are really powerful. On any of the top social networks and even on google, just use a #blogger or #fashionblogger or #anythingatall and you will find results that contain those tags. Which is why it’s important to use hashtags as a blogger online.
- Twitter Groups: Just like the Instagram groups, these are specific twitter accounts for re-posting and shouting out bloggers. They are a good way to find new blogs.
- Blogging Events: Blogger networking events and conferences is yet another opportunity to meet new bloggers and connect with them.
Which of these platforms do you use? Where did you find the bloggers you follow now? Which ones are you just hearing about? Leave all your thoughts down below. Thank you for reading! Happy Blogging.